Ep 22: 8 Tips For New Mothers
Whew, this year just doesn’t get any easier does it friends? I’m feeling a lot of nervousness and anxiety about our country’s current state and life in general. As hard as it is, I also believe this is a collective awakening and a time of transformation for many of us. All of these emotions that we are feeling is a lot like motherhood, especially when you become a mom for the first time.
Motherhood affects us in ways that we could never anticipate. The surprising thing is that this new role often changes every aspect of your life – your priorities, your inner thoughts, and your relationship with your partner, friends, and other family members. Today I want to share my best tips for new mothers. Even if you aren’t a mom yet, or even if you’re already a mom of two, three, or four kids…I think you’ll find this advice useful.
In this episode I cover:
- where mom guilt stems from
- why perfection is unnecessary
- accepting that it’s normal for old friendships to fall away once you enter motherhood
- learning to be okay with what’s out of our control
What are your favorite tips for new mothers? Screenshot this episode, tag me on IG, and let me know! We can all learn from each other.
- Ep 2: My Postpartum Depression + Anxiety Story and How I Overcame It
- Ep 10: 10 Things I’ve Learned In My Marriage
- To hear more about my story with postpartum depression and tips on overcoming it, check out this post and this post.
- Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast here.
- Check out last week’s episode all about motherhood and social media!
- Join me on Instagram @mommydiary
- Enter my giveaway! Every month I’ll be giving away a $100 Amazon gift card! To enter, subscribe and also write a review here. Screenshot your review and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Mommy Diary: The Podcast
Mommy Diary: The Podcast is a space for women to tell their raw and honest stories of motherhood. Host, Angela Kim, is a creative, lifestyle blogger, and also a mom of four.
Feeling restricted by the squares of IG, Angela is on a mission to shed light on vulnerable topics such as postpartum depression, marriage struggles, self-care, healing and finding a balance between having a career and raising children. She’s been through it all, and this podcast is here to help you feel supported along your personal journey and see that you’re not alone.