Belly shot at one of my favorite places, Lanikai Beach
Pregnancy Week 27
If you follow me on Instagram, you would know that I just returned from a one-week babymoon at Disney Aulani in the beautiful Island of Oahu. The trip was wonderful and my family had a magical time. This was our first time at Disney Aulani and as expected, the place felt like paradise for kids and families. We swam and snorkled at the resort, enjoyed an awesome character breakfast with Mickey and Minnie, spent a day in Northshore, a day on Lanikai beach (A must visit in Oahu) and walked around the streets of Waikiki.
Being 6 months pregnant, it wasn’t easy waking up early in the morning and spending a full day of adventure with the family but I tried hard to keep up, knowing this is our last vacation as a family of four. I know having a new baby may not be an easy transition for the family and I wanted to give my two daughters my full, undivided attention and time before mommy becomes busier with the preparation of the baby.
Like every dreamy vacation, it went by all too fast and I can’t believe it’s over already. I took a ton of pictures and can’t wait to share with you all the details from the trip. I’m currently in middle of attending the Mom 2.0 Summit Conference at Dana Point so once I’m done, I’ll update you guys on all the fun details, tips and tricks to making the most out of Disney Aulani!
Meanwhile, here are my week 27 notes. I still can’t believe I’m already this far along in my pregnancy!
1. Due date: July 31, 2016
2. Weight Gain: 15 lbs.
3. Symptoms: Fatigue, lower backache, shortness of breath, headache, occasional leg cramps, difficulty getting up and back down. Insomnia is getting worse.
4. Food Cravings: Nothing in particular. Trying to increase my iron intake because I developed pregnancy anemia.
5. Food Aversions: Processed or unhealthy foods
6. Body changes: Breakouts, darker pigmentation and linea negra. Skin is sensitive and itchy from sun exposure. Losing tone all over from not going to the gym more regularly. Lower body exercise is difficult because of pelvic discomfort.
7. Belly shape: Pointy, with #1 and #2 it was round. I’m carrying much lower this time.
8. Emotions: At 6 months, I’m really starting to get uncomfortable. I constantly have shortness of breath and getting up when sitting down is difficult. Now that it’s getting harder to move my body freely, I’m starting to get restless and tired of all the unpleasant symptoms.
I’m also experiencing major insomnia at nighttime during which I can’t fall asleep even though I’m dead tired. Having to wake up at least 2-3 times a night doesn’t help much either. I’m sure other pregnant mamas can relate but sleeping through the night for at least 6 hours is a huge feat nowadays.
9. Currently shopping for: Nursery furniture.
I’m planning to set up the nursery using Davinci Baby’s collection. After many hours of research, I found that Davinci Baby offers well-made mid-priced range collections with good reviews across the board. This being my last baby, I don’t want to spend too much money on nursery furniture but don’t want to sacrifice looks and quality either.
I have fun posts coming up shortly, including A Family’s Guide to Disney Aulani and Setting Up A New Nursery On A Budget. Stay tuned!
And here is a photo from Lanikai Beach. It was windy and rainy but the beach was clear and picturesque as always. Can’t wait to share more with you guys!