*This post is sponsored by BEABA. As always, all opinions and thoughts are my own and not influenced by the brand.
One of my favorite parts of a baby’s first year is baby food making. I know what you’re thinking, isn’t making baby food a lot of work?
While it seems easier to buy baby food jars from the grocery store, I prefer to make my own baby food because you know exactly what’s in it without any additives and preservatives. I also feel safer knowing that the ingredients are fresh and sourced by me.
How To Make Baby Food With BEABA
When my first two kids were little, I made baby food from scratch using the stove top, steamer and a blender. I felt good about making my own baby food, but it was a lot of work. So when I discovered BEABA baby food maker, I was so happy to come across a handy gadget that makes baby food making so much easier.
My current favorite is the BEABA Babycook Neo, which is the only baby food maker with a glass bowl & a stainless steel steam basket.
I’ve been making baby food with BEABA for years now and this is the second baby I’m using BEABA exclusively to make baby food. The process is easy, seamless and fun.
This one machine steams, blends, reheats and defrosts and I love that you can control the texture as your baby transitions from stage 1 to 2 to 3.
I love BEABA Babycook Neo because
- It saves time
- It’s made with glass
- It’s easy to clean
- You can use it to make different types of baby food
Here are a few easy recipes to make your baby’s first foods with BEABA. As you can see, the steps are simple and choices are endless!
How to make stage 1 baby food with BEABA
You don’t need to overthink when making baby food. Simply think in terms of introducing new flavors and nutrition to your baby one at a time. In the beginning I introduce one fruit or vegetable at a time in case of any allergy but once we get into the groove, I mix two flavors.
I like to mix one vegetable and one fruit, such as eggplant and pear or spinach and apple. You can try different flavors and combinations to see what your baby likes best. And remember that babies change their minds everyday so even if they don’t like a flavor one day, you can always try again the next day!
Baby food ingredients
FRUITS OR VEGETABLES OF YOUR CHOICE
- Apples, pears, peach, avocado (any other seasonal fruit you like)
- Spinach, butternut squash (any other type of veggies you like)
- Steam fruits and veggies separately in BEABA steamer
- Blend each food item after it is steamed and store in a container. You can use these storage containers by BEABA.
- If the texture is too thick, you can add water when blending
- Make sure the food is cooled off before serving
How to make stage 2 baby food: organic chicken, vegetables & rice
When my baby is comfortable with single-ingredient foods and softer textures, I introduce thicker textures with more flavor. I like to start with organic chicken, vegetables and rice.
How to make baby chicken & rice porridge
- You can use vegetables of your choice, I like to use organic options if possible
- 1-2 stalks of carrot
- ½ of a small yellow sweet onion
- ¼ of cauliflower
- ½ zucchini
- 1-2 ounces of organic chicken minced (optional)
- 1-2 cups of cooked rice or grain of your choice
- 5-8 cups of water
- Butter or oil of choice for sauté
- Sesame oil or any other flavor you prefer for light seasoning
- Mince all vegetables
- Sauté vegetables and chicken with butter or oil in a large pot
- Once veggies and chicken are thoroughly cooked add in 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Once veggies, chicken, and water are boiling, add rice (any other grains) and 3-5 cups of water
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook until it is at the consistency of your choice
- Add a few drops of sesame oil or any light seasoning of your choice. Keep it light and simple. Sometimes I like to add a dash of soy sauce for older babies, but it is not necessary.
- Blend it in the BEABA and place into containers to store
What’s great about BEABA Babycook is that it’s versatile for so many different flavors, textures and recipes. I also love BEABA accessories such as silicone spoons, suction meal sets which you can purchase as a set here.
Now that you know how easy it is to make baby food from home, are you interested in trying out BEABA Babycook? What’s your favorite baby food recipe?
Beaba is my favorite brand for all things baby feeding and bathing because they have the best, most innovative products! You can find their extensive line on their website and check out their instagram.