Hi everyone! Today I want to share with you how to make these easy, bake-free DIY pretzel treats that can be used for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, baby shower/bridal shower favors and classroom treats. I’ve been making these for my daughters’ classrooms for a few years now and it remains a favorite for the following reasons:
- It’s easy and bake-free
- It’s difficult to mess up
- It looks really cute and gourmet when packaged
- Everyone loves the taste
- It’s a great alternative to candy
DIY Valentine’s Day Pretzel Treats
If you have the time and energy to make your own favors, give these pretzel treats a try. It’s very simple and easy to make with no baking required. The best part? You can use various color combinations for different occasions. For example, try red, green and white for Christmas, Green and yellow for St. Patrick’s Day and Pink, white and red for Valentine’s Day like I did for this post.
Here are the easy-to-follow instructions:
Step 1: Gather ingredients
1. Pretzels (I like to use these Snyder ones that can be found at any grocery store.)
2. Candy Melt in color of your choice (I like to use 2-3 colors)
3. Sprinkles in various shapes and sizes (Can be found at Michaels or any grocery store)
4. Few microwaveable bowls (depending on how many colors you’re using)
5. Cookie sheet and parchment paper for drying
6. Clear bag and tie or ribbon for wrapping
Step 2: Melt candy melt in the microwave
Follow the instructions on the back of your bag. Depending on your microwave, time may vary. I like to put the microwave in defrost mode and set the timer for 1 minute, stir, then another 30 seconds. Continue to use 10-20 second increments until you get the right consistency. Don’t over melt because the candy melt will become too runny.
Step 3: Dip pretzels into candy melt
Step 4: Pour sprinkles over wet candy melt
I like to do this over a large bowl so I can re-use the sprinkles.
Step 5: Carefully place it on parchment paper on cookie sheet.
Or you can use any wipeable flat surface.
Step 6: Let it dry for about one hour.
Or you can place in refrigerator for faster drying.
Step 7: When dry, wrap in clear bag with tie or pretty ribbon
That’s it! Then pass out as classroom treats, birthday + shower favors and more.
If you like this post, please pin the photo below. It helps other moms find this post for more inspiration. Thank you for your support!