Motherhood is often just as rewarding as it is challenging. Moms experience a rollercoaster of emotions. We experience a lot of precious moments, but the challenges can be overwhelming, especially for new moms. As a mother of four, I can offer my tips for new moms and even my game-changing mommy survival kit. But sometimes all we really need is a few words of encouragement. Between the numerous responsibilities, physical and social changes, and fluctuating hormones, it’s no wonder that so many moms feel discouraged. I’m sharing some great mom quotes and encouraging words that can help reassure new moms that they’re doing a great job.
60 Encouraging Words for a New Mom
Inspirational Words Of Encouragement
- “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” – Jessica Lange
- “No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.” – Sarah Josepha Hale
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart till the day you die.” – Mary Mason
- “I like to think of motherhood as a great big adventure. You set off on a journey, you don’t really know how to navigate things, and you don’t exactly know where you’re going or how you’re going to get there.” – Cynthia Rowley
- A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
- Participating in self-love will teach your child to love themselves. They see what you do more often than hear what you say.
- You are about to learn lessons you never learn as you start seeing the world anew through your child’s eyes. Every so often, let them lead.
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” – Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
- “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan
- “Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day.” – Taylor Hanson
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
- Nothing helps you make good decisions more powerfully than knowing you are making them for two.
- “Making the decision to have a child it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ― Elizabeth Stone
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” —Barbara Kingsolver
- “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
- “Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.” – Jodi Picoult
- “A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother’s love” – Thomas C Haliburton
- “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside… when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.”
- “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain your life will never be the same.” – Catherine Jones
- “When you moved, I felt squeezed with a wild infatuation and protectiveness. We are one. Nothing, not even death, can change that.” – Suzanne Finnamore
- “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” – Judy Ford
- No matter what you accomplish in life, seeing your child succeed will be your greatest joy. Furthermore, the fulfillment derived from their achievements surpasses any personal milestones, creating an enduring source of happiness for a parent.
- “Your love for your baby is a compass, guiding you through the beautiful chaos of parenthood. Additionally, it becomes a constant source of strength, helping you navigate the unpredictable journey with grace and resilience..”
Christian Words Of Encouragement
- “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah
- When you doubt your ability, remember that there is a higher power that had confidence enough in you to entrust one of its angels to your care.
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” Isaiah 40:29
- “Babies are bits of stardust blown from the hand of God. Lucky is the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.” – Larry Barretto
- “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.” – Robin Lim
- “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.” – Erma Bombeck
Positive Words Of Encouragement
- In the eyes of your child, you are their entire world, and you are doing an amazing job.
- “A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
- In the chaos of motherhood, don’t forget that you’re a hero in your child’s eyes.
- “Babies are the ultimate life force. They remind us that there is always hope, and that there is always a reason to smile.” – Emily Watts
- “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” – Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
Short Words Of Encouragement
- “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – Ricki Lake
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- Becoming a mom is like finding a part of yourself that you never knew was missing.
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
- “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.”
- To a child, the most beautiful songs are their mother’s lullabies.
- “Your baby is your heart living outside your body. Love and protect them with all your might.”
- “You never understand life, until it grows inside of you.” – Sandra C. Kassis
- “A mother’s grace is like a flame that burns brightly, illuminating the path for her children.”
- “Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.” – Maggie Scarf
- Trust your instincts. You know your baby best.
- Don’t compare yourself to other moms. Instead, focus on what’s best for your baby. Every parenting journey is unique, and your choices are tailored to your child’s needs and your family dynamics.
- Be patient with yourself, you and your baby are figuring out this relationship together.
- “Being a mom is discovering strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you never knew existed.” – Sherene Simon
- A happy home isn’t filled with things; rather, it’s filled with a mother’s love. This intangible but invaluable essence creates an atmosphere that nurtures warmth, comfort, and joy.
- Each child is a new adventure. Your experience will differ every time.
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” – Maya Angelou
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
Daily Words Of Encouragement
- You are important. Remember that you are raising the future of the world.
- You are stronger than you think and more capable than you realize.
- Every day as a mom is a chance to learn, to grow, and to be amazed by the beauty of life.
- “You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your contentedness. Trust your body to birth and know that the collective power of women worldwide will be with you.”
- Take time to enjoy the little moments. They go by fast.
- It’s normal to feel overwhelmed and exhausted. This too shall pass.
- When your child exerts their independence, remember that you aren’t failing you are doing exactly what you are meant to do, raising a child who can think for themself.
When you feel overwhelmed by motherhood, use these words to inspire and guide you.
I’ve found that when I need some inspiration, quotes and words of encouragement like the ones in this post can work wonders. Hopefully, you’ve discovered at least a few words to remind you of the amazing mother you are.
For more inspiration as well as helpful tips, tricks, and hacks for all things related to motherhood, head over to the blog.