Now that Rumi loves to eat solids, we are starting to introduce her to more foods and flavors. She is the best eater and not picky at all. One of her all time favorite stage 2 baby foods is the chicken and rice porridge that I make her. This recipe is easy to make and full of nutrition with organic chicken and various vegetables. You can make a large batch and store it in the refrigerator and freezer.
Stage 2 Baby Food Recipe: Chicken & Rice Porridge
As you all know, my favorite baby food maker is the BEABA Babycook Neo, which is the only baby food maker with a glass bowl & a stainless steel steam basket. I only used this maker for her stage 1 baby food and still use this to make her stage 2 foods. I used this same maker for my son back when he was still a baby!
Now that my baby is comfortable with single-ingredient foods and softer textures, I have started introducing her to thicker textures with more flavor. This organic chicken, vegetables and rice porridge is the perfect combination
How to make stage 2 baby food: organic chicken, vegetables & rice porridge
- You can use vegetables of your choice, I like to use organic options if possible
- 1-2 stalks of carrot
- ½ of a small yellow sweet onion
- ¼ of cauliflower
- ½ zucchini
- 1-2 ounces of organic chicken minced (optional)
- 1-2 cups of cooked rice or grain of your choice
- 5-8 cups of water
- Butter or oil of choice for sauté
- Sesame oil or any other flavor you prefer for light seasoning
- Mince all vegetables
- Sauté vegetables and chicken with butter or oil in a large pot
- Once veggies and chicken are thoroughly cooked add in 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Once veggies, chicken, and water are boiling, add rice (any other grains) and 3-5 cups of water
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook until it is at the consistency of your choice
- Add a few drops of sesame oil or any light seasoning of your choice. Keep it light and simple. Sometimes I like to add a dash of soy sauce for older babies, but it is not necessary.
- Blend it in the BEABA and place into containers to store
What’s great about BEABA Babycook is that it’s versatile for so many different flavors, textures and recipes. I also love BEABA accessories such as silicone spoons, suction meal sets which you can purchase as a set here.
I hope you enjoy making this healthy and delicious porridge for your baby just as much as I do. Add a dash of soy sauce and you can also enjoy it alongside your baby!