I can’t help but to crave chili in the late summer/ early fall. It’s the perfect comfort food that makes great leftovers and my whole family especially my husband loves it. You can have it as lunch or dinner and the leftovers make great appetizers when paired with warm bread or chips.
As a mom of a big family, I love meals that can feed everyone with leftovers that are just as good as when it’s fresh. I also love using my Instant pot because I can leave it cooking with just a few buttons without the need to constantly watch the process.
This is one of my favorite easy warm dinner recipes that can easily feed my family of six, perfect for this time of the year.
Easy Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 15 ounce can kidney beans drained. Rinsed
- 15 ounce can pinto beans drained. Rinsed
- 15 ounce can sweet corn drained
- Toppings of your choice: I use shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, green onions and sour cream
- Set your instant pot to Sauté. Add olive oil and ground beef or turkey, breaking up and cooking until browned.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot. And cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper to the pot and stir to combine. Add beans on top.
- Place the lid on and set your instant pot to the chili/beans setting. Cook for 20 minutes and allow pressure to release naturally for extra flavor. Can be released manually if you’re in a hurry.
- Add corn and stir to combine.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, and avocado. Tastes amazing with a french roll or cornbread.
Let me know if you try out this easy instant pot chili recipe! If you also love using a crock pot to cook, check out my Korean Braised Short Ribs recipe here.