The following post is sponsored by Uncommon Goods.
- One for each family member: Personalized Family Mug ($30 )
- For the wine lover: Oval Oak Wine Carafe ($36)
- For the plant lover with black thumb: Self Watering Planter ($35)
- For the candle + book lover: Poetry Match Striker ($25)
- For the whiskey lover: Whiskey Stones & Gift Set ($20-58)
- A special keepsake for grandparent and child: Grandparent & Grandchild Letter Book Set ($40)
- For the spiritualist or yoga lover: Namaste Pillow ($97)
- Perfect gift for the everyone: Personalized Family Cameo Portrait ($75-175)
Can you believe its Thanksgiving week? I say this every year but when you’re a mom, time flies! Every year I tell myself I’ll start Christmas shopping early to avoid last minute anxiety but I failed to uphold my promise in the past two years. This year I plan to begin and end holiday shopping early so I can fully enjoy the last few weeks of December with my family. Christmas time is all about sharing memories and giving with a kind heart and I want to remember this, instead of feeling burdened by the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
Recently I’ve been shopping more consciously, making sure the products I purchase are ethically produced and environmentally friendly. I also like to support small businesses and local artists instead of always purchasing from large corporations that mass produce their products. So when I came across Uncommon Goods, a website that carries thousands of unique and unusual gifts that are environmentally friendly and socially responsible, I couldn’t wait to learn more.
What Makes Uncommon Goods Different?
What makes Uncommon Goods different is that sustainability sits at the core of their mission. To them, this means more than just being “green,” it means they believe in the importance of integrity, dignity and respect for all individuals including their employees.
Uncommon Goods is also committed to offering unique items that are socially and environmentally friendly. For example, they feature products that are handmade, organic and contain recycled components. They have not sold any product containing leather, feather and fur. They also limit the use of paper catalogs and print them on recycled paper. Lastly, they give back to the community by utilizing their Better To Give Program. In all, they’ve donated over a million dollars since they created the program in 2001!
Would you like to shop with purpose this holiday season? Shop Uncommon Goods’ Christmas selections here for that special man in your life.
Uncommon Goods Christmas Gift Ideas For Kids
With that said, I’d like to suggest some of my personal favorites for kids of all ages. In this list, there is something for every child, from infants to tweens. I love these unique and personalized finds that will brighten the face of that special kid in your life.
- Toy challenge with Starcrobats ($49)
- Personalized book for a big brother ($34.99)
- To eat away your worries Worry Eating Plush Pals ($23)
- Behavior modifying Kid’s Responsibility Chart ($55)
- For the sports lover Personalized Football Onesie ($38)
- For the fairytale lover Personalized Storybook Pillow ($120)
- To celebrate new life Birth Announcement Pillows ($100)
- For the imaginative child Magbot Magnetic Block Set ($30)
As you can see, Uncommon Goods carry many unique goods that can’t be found elsewhere. I also love how it brings together local artisans, independent artists and small shops under one site!
Thank you Uncommon Goods for the wonderful gift ideas and for sponsoring this post.